June 7


I'm going to change things up a bit for this post.  Recently I went on vacation in Arizona.  It was GORGEOUS.  When you go in April, you get to see the desert in bloom.  Here are just a few pictures:
The vacation was amazing! Our dearest friends Art and Lisa made it a week we will never forget!  We love you, and we miss you both. We will be back soon!

Well, it turns out that at some point during March or April at work, there was a kind drawing that was held as part of an incentive for a goal we reach.  I didn't know it, but each district's manager were ask to submit a few names that they felt really went the extra mile to help the district's success. My manager entered my name! I believe I found out later that I was one of three that was entered for Oregon.  Anyway, my first day back at work I got a call from Corporate congratulating me because my name had been pulled from the fishbowl! Imagine my shock, since I didn't even know there was a drawing going on!
I had won an Apple Mini iPad!  The only problem is that I already had an iPad. And and iPhone! So they offered me an Apple gift card instead, and this is what I got with the gift card:
An APPLE WATCH!!!  Oh my goodness, I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I am having with it!  Now that I can go for walks again(thanks to my spinal implant) I can even use this to track how far I walk.  Yesterday, for example, but the end of the day I had walked a total of over 3 miles! And one of those walks was what my husband and I refer to as "the loop" which is just over 2.5 miles from our house to highway 42, across the creek, to the high school, to the back road, and then home. It's a BEAUTIFUL walk.  Here's the creek:
Another thing that happened while we were on vacation-we got to learn about the joys of countertop convection cooking!  My husband and I looked for one ever since we saw what theirs could do and we finally found the one for us! I browns pie crusts more evenly than I was ever able to brown them in the oven. I cooks meats evenly, and ours even has a rotisserie! I've been having fun trying to get to know it!
Backing some chicken
Chicken and steamed veggies for supper, and PIE for dessert!
And tonight I tried the rotisserie to cook a pork loin roast! OH MY!!!
Now for today's TIA.  

Suzy Mosh's "That's New To Me" Challenge this week is the letter "D". Keeping in mind that it really is about using a pattern we haven't used before, I headed over to CZT Linda Farmer's Tangle Patterns website. It is my major source for finding patterns. I went to the letter "D" and found "Double D's" by Canadian Tangler Judy Murphy.  I used that for the border. Then I used "Blooming Butter" by Shelly Beauch CZT to represent a garden of flowers, and finally "Msst", an Original Zentangle® pattern, to softly water the flowers.

As always, thank you for stopping by! Please let me know you were here. Your comments mean a lot, and help keep me motivated to update my blog!
Hugs to all...  =^;^=

Comments

  1. Nice tile! You forgot to use a pattern by Genevieve Crabe though. Thanks for being part of the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tile. I love the way you chose patterns to represent the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how I missed this post ... congratulations all the way around on the walking, i-watch, oven, all of it.

    To misquote a fictional character I enjoy, "Proud of you, babe."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know how I missed this post ... congratulations all the way around on the walking, i-watch, oven, all of it.

    To misquote a fictional character I enjoy, "Proud of you, babe."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular in Last 30 days

Day 19

May 21

Day 12

July 4th thru July 10th