Keto Challenge Day Two


Most days right now will begin with a couple of eggs, scrambled or fried, maybe some bacon, so I won't waste your time by repeating the same thing every day. I'll only talk about breakfast if it's something other than a couple of eggs.

And lunch is usually leftovers from the night before, which meant that today's lunch was leftover salmon and spinach from last night's supper. OH MY!!! In case you were wondering, the salmon leftovers were just as yummy as the salmon we had for supper yesterday.

That's one of the really nice things about this 14 day challenge. You cook enough for dinner that there will be leftovers for the following day's lunch. I don't have to plan my lunch, or prepare something separate. I just put the leftovers in a container and take it to work with me the next day!

The ease of the program and the deliciousness of the food so far mean that I am not struggling to follow the menu plan. Not to mention the fact that it's already working!  My weight on Sunday was 181.2, and this morning the scale read 178.2!  I weighed myself 3 times just to make sure!!!

Tonight when I got home, my husband had prepared the next recipe and it was so amazing that I forgot to take a picture of my plate. I DID take a picture of the leftovers that I packed for lunch. Tonight was a chicken casserole dish with black olives, garlic, pesto, heavy cream.. anyway it was delicious!
Oh, and I've been doing some research.  From what I read today, the Ketogenic Diet has been around since the 1920's and was originally developed by a doctor at the Mayo Clinic.  It was used to treat patients with uncontrolled epileptic seizures!  It fell out of common practice in the 1940's when new, more effect medications were developed to control seizures.

Thanks for stopping by. Won't you let me know you were here? 

Until tomorrow...


Comments

Most Popular in Last 30 days

May 21

Keto Challenge Catch-up Days

Day 12

Day 19